Quality and patient safety are the most important issues in the services provided in health institutions. Joint Commission International (JCI), one of the international health accreditation organizations that serves this purpose, is an institution for non-profit, independent, international accreditation services focused on increasing the quality and safety of health services.
Joint Commission International is the internationally operating division of the world's largest letter of credit JCAHO (Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations), which accredits nearly 20,000 health institutions in the USA.
Focusing on the processes related to patient care quality and patient safety, JCI Accreditation standards take the hospital as a whole and build patient care rules on this basic idea. World 1000, Turkey also 49 medical institutions have been accredited by JCI. Turkey ranks 6th in the world with the number of accredited institutions.
Şişli Kolan International Hospital has proved that the health services it provides by obtaining the JCI accreditation certificate in June 2017 are in compliance with the most accepted and authoritative JCI standards in the world.
With the aim of continuous improvement, Şişli Kolan International Hospital employees are trained in many subjects, especially patient safety and patient rights, and are working to provide the best service to our patients in the following areas that JCI focuses on;
- To prevent medical errors by prioritizing patient safety,
- Providing services by respecting the rights of patients and their families,
- To ensure that the patient and his family are informed about all procedures and their approvals, to support the patient's participation in the treatment,
- Taking a multidisciplinary approach and getting opinions from all branches when necessary,
- To focus on patient satisfaction,
- Ensuring the effectiveness of communication between healthcare professionals and the patient and family,
- To determine the educational needs of the patient and his family and to provide the necessary training,
- To provide the highest level of patient care at every stage of the treatment,
- Protecting patient privacy,
- To establish a common platform for medical terms and concepts,
- To ensure the correct and complete preparation of medical records, and to ensure the safety and continuity of treatment,
- To reduce errors, identify risks and reduce costs with feedback from patients and employees,
- To ensure that the institution is ready for every possibility in case of a disaster.
Şişli Kolan Hospital works to provide this service to its patients in the most favorable conditions by providing international standards in many subjects such as patient safety, infection control and prevention, patient care, patient assessment, risk management, personnel training, information management, and facility security.